What is the purpose of Hourly Planning?
Hourly financial planning engagements are designed for those who are looking for a second opinion or who prefer to implement their plan on their own. We help to answer pressing financial questions such as:
Early to Mid-Career
- How much should I be saving?
- Where should I be saving? (401k, Roth IRA, HSA, 529, etc)?
- How do I select appropriate investments in my 401k?
- What types and amounts of insurance do I really need?
- Is there anything I should be doing differently that I haven’t thought of?
- Have I saved enough to retire now or do I need to keep working?
- Is my current portfolio properly diversified?
- When should I begin taking social security?
- Which pension option should I choose (lump sum, single life, joint, etc.)?
How does Hourly Planning work?
We do not offer cookie-cutter or one-size-fits-all recommendations that can be pulled off a shelf. Real financial planning, even for seemingly simple issues like “Is my 401k invested the right way?”, requires a deep understanding of your financial situation and goals.
We follow a process to make sure we provide the best advice possible for your situation:
- Preparation – We will ask that you provide us with some general information about you, your financial goals, income level, and assets by completing our client profile. We will also ask that you provide us with any necessary documents to aid in our analysis.
- Meeting(s) – We will meet together either in person or virtually to discuss your current financial situation and address your concerns and questions. Most engagements will require 1 to 3 meetings, depending on the complexity of the situation.
- Plan Delivery – We will email you a summary of our analysis and recommendations, as well as specific action steps for you to take.
What does the program cost?
As a fee-only firm, Switchpoint doesn’t receive any kick-backs or commissions for selling you products. We believe that this provides two huge benefits to our clients:
- Unbiased advice – by sitting on the same side of the table as you, we can give the best advice possible for your situation, rather than pushing a product.
- Lower overall costs – Since we don’t receive commissions, we are able to implement your plan with lower cost investment and insurance vehicles usually available only to large institutions, which we believe will result in lower overall costs for you over time.
Hourly planning is billed at $150/hr ($1,000 minimum)
*Note: Most engagements will require between 10 and 20 hours to complete, or $1,500 to $3,000. Some planning issues may require considerably more time for discussion and analysis. Additional fees may apply in certain circumstances and will be disclosed before work begins so there are no surprises.