Who is wealth management for?
Wealth management combines financial planning with investment management in a holistic way. Clients typically have increasingly complex financial affairs and are looking for full implementation.
Wealth management clients must have a minimum of $250,000 invested with Switchpoint.
How will we work together?
- Introduction – Our first meeting is all about discovering what your life dreams are, and how your finances can help you live the life you want to live. We will figure out where you today and how Switchpoint may be able to help you achieve your goals.
- Data Gather – Once we get an overall view of your situation, we will gather all of your account statements, tax forms, estate documents, etc. and develop a comprehensive view of your situation. We will analyze this information to develop a personal financial plan.
- Plan Delivery – A few weeks later we will meet again to go over your custom financial plan. In the plan we will outline strengths and weaknesses in your current situation and provide specific action steps to take. Your plan may include the following topics, depending on your needs:
- Investment Strategy
- Net Worth Statement
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Retirement Plan
- Estate Plan
- Gifting Plan
- Insurance Analysis
- Tax Strategies
- College Savings
- Implementation – A financial plan is only as good as the effort made to implement it. We will help implement many of the action items, including obtaining additional insurance and opening investment accounts as needed.
- Ongoing Support – After initial implementation we will check in at least quarterly to see how you are progressing and to answer any questions you may have. We are also available any time you have a question or need support. In addition, we will continually monitor your investment accounts and ensure they are in line with your objectives.
- Regular Updates – As your life inevitably evolves, we will help you adjust your plan to meet your needs. We will meet at least annually to do a complete review of your plan and progress.
- Investment Management – We provide full investment management implementation, which includes portfolio monitoring, rebalancing, and tax-loss harvesting.
What does the program cost?
As fee-only fiduciaries, Switchpoint doesn’t receive any kick-backs or commissions for selling you products. We believe that this provides two huge benefits to our clients:
- Unbiased advice – by sitting on the same side of the table as you, we can give the best advice possible for your situation, rather than pushing a product.
- Lower overall costs – Since we don’t receive commissions, we are able to implement your plan with lower-cost investment and insurance vehicles usually available only to large institutions, which we believe will result in lower overall costs for you over time.
Initial Plan Development and Implementation – $1,000
Full Service – $4,800 per year – for less complex situations – employees, retirees, etc. Typically have less than a few million in assets.
Premier Service – $9,600 per year – for more complex situations – business owners, complex estates, etc. with assets in excess of a few million.