What we offer
At SwitchPoint, we help our clients achieve and maintain financial independence. We start by understanding your unique needs and circumstances, and then we tailor a plan that fits your goals. Our flat fee model and comprehensive approach allow us to establish deep, trusted partnerships with our clients, advising on all areas of their financial lives – without the conflicts of interest or narrow focus so common in the industry.
While each relationship is unique, our services generally include the following:
- Development and Implementation of Investment Policy Statement – your personalized investment strategy
- Ongoing Portfolio Monitoring & Rebalancing – to keep your portfolio in line with your objectives
- Tax-loss Harvesting
- Tax-efficient Portfolio Withdrawal Strategies
- RMD Calculation and Distribution
- Charles Schwab and Fidelity as Third-Party Custodians to Safeguard Client Accounts
- Access to Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) Funds
- Portfolio Design & Implementation by a Chartered Financial Analyst®
- Retirement Income Planning – your plan for turning your nest egg into cash flow for life
- Tax Planning
- College Savings Planning
- Debt Planning
- Life Insurance Review
- Early Retirement Health Insurance Planning
- Estate/Beneficiary Review
- Social Security & Pension Analysis
- Charitable Gift Planning
- Plan Design & Implementation by a Certified Financial Planner®
Who we serve
Our clients are looking for a long-term partnership with a trusted expert – not a high-pressure sales pitch, hot stock tip, or get-rich-quick scheme.
Our services are designed for those approaching or in retirement (or younger clients who are at or near financial independence).
Our Flat Fees
We don’t earn commissions for selling products or charge a percentage of the portfolio we manage for our clients. Instead, we charge a flat annual fee for our services based on the needs of our clients, not their net worth.
|Our Level 1 clients are usually long-time savers approaching or in retirement. Most of their investments are held in retirement accounts (401k or IRAs). They are looking for help deciding if they have enough to retire and managing their investments through retirement. They also often have questions around things like taxes, debt, social security, and health insurance.
|Our Level 2 clients usually have (or had) high incomes. Because of this, they have significant investments outside of retirement accounts. These taxable investment accounts require more careful and custom management to avoid unwanted capital gains. Many Level 2 clients also have additional planning needs, such as gifting of appreciated assets and Roth conversions.
|Our Level 3 clients have particularly complex financial lives. They often have a half dozen or more investment accounts, as well as real estate or private equity investments. Many are (or were) business owners, C suite executives or startup employees with high and complex incomes. Some have special trusts and foundations to protect assets and leave a legacy.
We believe our flat fee approach provides two valuable benefits to our clients:
- Unbiased advice – Unlike most financial advisors who earn commissions or who charge based on a percentage of your portfolio, our compensation doesn’t vary based on the recommendations we make. By sitting on the same side of the table as you, we can give the best advice possible for your situation Learn More
- Lower overall costs – Since we don’t receive commissions or kick-backs of any kind, we are able to implement your plan with lower-cost investment and insurance vehicles usually available only to large institutions. In addition, our flat fee often represents significant savings to those with portfolios over $1,000,000, compared to the traditional percentage of assets approach. Learn More